Email clients are traditionally used by present day professionals since they utilize multiple mail accounts. MS Outlook is one such email client that you will find that mostly liked by Windows users. It’s used for both personal and business purposes due to the wonderful features of Outlook. Outlook stores every one of the data of the profile in .pst data format and therefore the files are classified as PST files meaning personal storage table. PST file is a sort of database on the hard drive that stores all the mail account attributes like contacts, emails (inbox, sent items, outbox), calendar, tasks, journals, etc.
Since PST file is stored on the system hard drive, just like all the other files and folders you’ll be able to lose data from PST files. Explaining this with a practical scenario, consider losing contacts from PST file. Assume that you wished to delete some old contacts from the Outlook contacts folder. You deleted one after the other as well as there are many contacts that have to be deleted, so you deleted all in a bulk. Due to this you deleted some important contacts too. But not a problem you can restore it from Deleted Items folder. But accidentally you permanently deleted every one of the contents from this folder thereby you lost one of the most important data through the PST file. Loss of data from outlook PST is caused because of different reasons and some are mentioned here:
- Outlook termination – While accessing data on Outlook PST file if your system suddenly freezes or if system is made to turn off without proper closing of Outlook it could lead to corruption of files.
- Due to compression: Generally compressing a huge PST file is advantageous to save that file with less space on the hard disk drive. But if any error occurs during compression method then it is more likely that the file might get corrupt.
- Improper synchronization of internet data: If the internet is just not properly connected when the data is synchronized from server to outlook PST file then some data go missing or even the file becomes inaccessible.
- Oversized PST file: When the PST file is been used for longer duration and if the limited memory of that file gets full then the file becomes oversized and therefore it will not open and becomes inaccessible.
There are many such issues that cause PST file corruption or data loss. You can perform outlook pst file recovery easily by making use of pst repair utility. Mentioned here are a few options that come with the application.
• Effectively repairs all outlook PST objects like emails, contacts, attachments, tasks, journals, etc.
• Repairs broken PST files, password protected and encrypted PST files.
• Repairs all PST files from various versions of MS Outlook like Outlook 2007, 2003, 2010, 2000.
• Repairs highly damaged PST files and recover all data within few steps.
• Recovers corrupt PST file data from oversized or virus affected PST files.
If you have lost contacts from outlook PST file then the software solves the question in your head, how to restore lost contacts? Use this repair tool by downloading the demo version and run it on the system where your PST file resides. If you are satisfied with the performance of the software you can purchase the complete version. To download the demo version click here