A portable storage device is a small hard drive which has massive storage capacity and it is useful for storing images, audios, videos etc. It is small enough to fit in a pocket and its files can be used anywhere with any computer. An external hard drive is a useful piece of storage kit that can be used as additional storage and for backing up of files. By using this, important files can be easily transported and shared with any device with a compatible connection. The maximum storage capacity of portable device comes with 4TB.
If you connect removable storage drive to the Mac PC, it will be instantly recognized by the OS X. Files can then be dragged and dropped onto the particular portable hard drive. Sometimes, files stored on external hard disk get lost due to some technical factors, unknown factors, human interruption etc. The most common mistake done by user is when they directly remove portable drive in spite of ejecting that in a proper manner. When you do such mistakes then it leads in data loss. No need to get worry, if you lost files from portable hard drive, it is possible to get them back by using Removable Media Recovery software.
This application is specifically designed to recover data from removable storage devices on Mac OS X and Windows environments. By utilizing this program, you can achieve perfect Mac portable hard drive recovery just like an expert.
Reasons behind file loss from portable hard drive on Mac:
Virus attack: Virus attack is one of the primary factors that can damage the hard disk drive. Once the external hard drive becomes damaged or even corrupted, entire data stored on it would be inaccessible. If you don’t have any backup, then severe data loss is sure.
Abrupt ejection of portable hard drive: Sometimes, while transferring important files from portable hard drive to computer, if user pulls out the external drive suddenly before completion of file transfer process, then the chances of losing files are pretty more.
Accidental formatting: Formatting can erase entire existing files in the portable drive. Sometimes, you want to format a particular partition on that drive, but accidently you select some other partitions that contain essential files and format it. It leads to data loss.
File system corruption: File system is a data structure used by OS to keep track of all files stored on your disk, it gets corrupted because of improper shutdown, sudden power failure, bad sectors etc, which will cause loss if data.
Apart from all these mentioned cases, there are many other reasons on which the files on the portable hard disk can get lost, corrupted or deleted. It doesn’t matter how you lost your external data, but choosing proper recovery software really helps to restore all your files at fingertips. This software is well-suited with Mac operating systems such as Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain lion, Mavericks and Yosemite.
Removable Media Recovery is the best suitable application that recovers external hard drive on Mac and restores all the missing or erased documents, media files and other data. This software is designed with a user-friendly interface hence makes it very easy for users to performs Mac portable hard drive recovery effectively with minimum efforts.
Advanced features of removable media recovery software:
- This powerful media recovery software is capable to recover files from different storage devices such as USB drives, external HDD, SSD, memory cards, like SD, XD, SDXC, micro SD, etc, Fire wire devices and others.
- It has a sensible recovery mechanism that scans and recovers files from hard drive safely in a quick span of time.
- It also offers a “find” option which assists you to search files according to its name, size and creation date along with extension.
- It comes with an interactive graphical user interface that facilitates non-technical users to achieve data recovery without facing any difficulties.
- This is a highly compatible data recovery software for Mac based machines and it perform MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac etc.
- This application works on both Intel and PowerPC platforms.
- It can be utilized to restore data from portable hard drive volumes that are having HFS+, HFSX, FAT16 and FAT 32 file system.